Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Introduction

Hello Readers! My name is Shanilla Natanzi and I attend California State University, Northridge. I  currently live in Calabasas, California and went to Calabasas High School. Other than randomly deciding to enroll in a photography class during my sophomore year, I have no other personal experience with photography. However, that class has taught me so much and gave me a greater appreciation for photography.

Before taking the course at school, I thought photography was one of many ways for one to express themselves. I would consider myself a photographer simply because I knew how to point a camera at a pretty flower and press the little button that would capture the image. Throughout the duration of the class, I learned that there was much more to photography than the effortless point and shoot.

The purpose of my blog posts are to show how photography has evolved and how it contains various styles and techniques that can be considered either real or fake. But what makes for a real photograph? Is photography an accurate depiction of the real world or just the photographers way of expressing him or her self? This blog will help determine the difference between the two using numerous examples and in addition will also contain my personal opinion on various photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment