Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Introduction-Ian Jung

       Welcome to our blog! My name is Ian Jung and I am a freshman attending Cal State Northridge in Southern California. The objective of this blog is to post up our analysis of pieces of photography. Although I'm not so knowledgeble about the techniques, gadgets, etc. used in photography, I like to appreciate art whether it be fine art, a painting, rock music, classical music and I think photography definitely fits into the category of artwork. Also, I like to play piano and violin in my spare time and I am planning to audition for the university orchestra (but I major in math).

       Expanding on our mission statement, "Is photography real or fake?", my goal is to conclude whether photography, in general, captures the true nature of the photographed object or whether the authenticity of the subject is altered for reasons such as to express the photographer's personal feelings, to portray a specific concept, or simply to make the photograph more interesting. I will try to understand what feelings/messages (if any) the photographers meant to convey through their work and I think going through this process will help answer the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment