Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Introduction

Hello readers. My name is Josmar Lima and I'm currently studying at California State University- Northridge with the intent of majoring in Civil Engineering. I am from Pomona, California but attended school in Upland. I suppose you can say that I grew up among different types of people and cultures; from living in a city that is predominantly populated with Latinos to attending school in a city that is mostly populated with Caucasians. Nevertheless, Downtown Pomona is a location that is known for its music, fashion, and art.  On my free time I volunteered at an art gallery that displayed various pieces of art such as paintings, sculptures and photography. This is the reason why I became so attached to art. Although I have never been behind a camera I have always had an interest in photos and about the stories they tell.

By posting on this blog I would like to demonstrate the nature of photography and the ways that one photo can alter the feelings and emotions of a person viewing it. Whether photography is "Real or Fake" it is my goal to analyze and breakdown the contents of a photograph in order to truly grasp the meaning of it. A photograph can in fact be a a true representation of the object being photographed or just the way the photographer wants to depict it. Nonetheless, I shall assist the readers in analyzing and acknowledging the different styles of photography and discussing how a photograph might be the depiction of the photographer. After all, a picture is worth more than a thousand words.


No comments:

Post a Comment