Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Blog Post #8 Recreate


My friend who happens to do photography as more than just a hobby, took this picture of me. I wanted to use it to give the viewer the concept of :"Your Picture Here". Photography gives people, more specifically girls, the desire to be like the people in the photos they see. I didn't copy a specific pose or photo taken by a model, but rather I wanted to portray the people in society who think that professional photography is the only way to express beauty and make it seem like I had the desire to fulfill this. While working with this friend, I had asked for the pictures immediately but realized that a photographer would never give someone a photo with having edited it first. At first I couldn't understand this because I thought the concept of photography was to capture something real in front of you and make it available for others to interpret, but my friend said that the picture would only be complete after editing. Just by this, I can conclude that even to photographers, nothing is good enough with having being messed with first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment